Monday, June 30, 2008

Hamsters!




"Mom...can I have a rabbit?" Now, doesn't that make a hamster seem more reasonable? I think our kids are on their way to being masters at negotiation. Ask for the unreasonable (repeatedly) and then nail them with something more reasonable to make the adult feel they have won the battle! HA!
Seriously, they are cute, quiet and pretty easy to care for. The kids love them and are doing a good job of taking care of them. Did I mention that they also had to shell out $50 each of their own savings to buy the cages and critters? (I sprang for the food - feeling generous that day, I guess!)
Kaela named her new pet Sunny. She (?) is a teddy bear hamster. Brady's is a dwarf hamster named Jet. Jet is so small that he isn't able to climb UP the cool tubes that are a part of the cage set up, so we made some modifications and he seems quite happy in his new digs.



We can't forget about our still favorite pet, Max! Had to throw in a picture of him, too. Doesn't he look thrilled? The look on his face tells just how he feels about the 'new additions' to the family.





No comments: