It was inevitable. Almost impossible to avoid. Bound to happen at some point. Sunny the hamster escaped. At 10pm Sunday night, she was getting a workout on her little running wheel. At 8am the next morning, Kaela reported her missing. Of course there was crying and poor Max had to be kenneled practically the entire day, so as not to attack her if he spotted Sunny before we did.
We searched EVERYWHERE, prayed (Kaela for Sunny to be found, me for Sunny to be found ALIVE and SOON before she made a mess of something), set out strawberry and banana bait and finally made a trip to the store for humane mouse traps.
At about 5:30 this morning, I heard something rattling around a plastic Dillon's bag I had left on the floor (FYI, plastic bags are very useful and noisy tools when trying to find very quiet critters!). I flipped on the light, and there she sat. Kaela awoke this morning to a furry surprise and was very relieved. Needless to say, we will be triple checking all cage exits from now on!
Less than a month away
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment