Sunday, October 5, 2008

Soccer, at last!

After two rainouts, we FINALLY had a game. You could definitely tell it was our first game! We didn't play as well as we had hoped...in fact I think the other team managed to score 7 or 8 goals and I know we didn't score any...but they had fun and got a game under their belts.


Here are a few pics from that first game. My mom took these pictures. I must admit that being the coach really makes me watch the game. I usually see most of their activities through a camera lens!


I am happy to report that after a bye week and a couple of good practices where we really focused on positions, we kicked tail in our second game! We worked as a team and had a great time - and we won! I wish I could share some pics from that game, but Duane was on duty and I forgot my camera anyway. Brady kicked his first goal! He was so jazzed!


I'm sure I mentioned before that this is a teaching league/age. The ref we had this past weekend was great. He was really into helping the kids learn and get it done right. It's also fun that both kids are on the same team and we all get to go down this road together.


No comments: